START DIVING THE WORLD IN 3 EASY STEPS
Beaver Divers makes it possible for you to complete all of the academic requirements for your entry-level scuba diver certification online. You can get started right now and, when you are done, you will then complete your in-water skill-development sessions and final open-water training dives with Beaver Divers or we can refer you to virtually any popular vacation destination. It’s that simple!
|Start your SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course
and master all the important academic information
online. You can complete this phase through
self-study, at your own pace, in the
convenience of your home or office. All eLearning
courses work on mobile and tablet devices too.
|Complete your in-water skill-development training.
This takes place at the Avon Recreation Center or
Silverthorne Recreation Center swimming pools
under the supervision of a Beaver Divers
|The final step is to complete the 4 Open Water dives
under the supervision of your SDI Instructor.
Here you will apply what you have learned during
your academic and skill-development sessions,
while learning practical lessons that can only be
gained through real-world experience in open water.
How do I take this course?
- Sign up online. Select "Step 1" to begin your online course. Then "Step 2" to choose your desired pool dates. Select "Step 3" to choose your open water dive dates in Utah. The open water dives must be scheduled for dates after you complete the pool training. If you are opting to do your open water dives in a different location, through our referral program, you do not need to select "Step 3." We can set up/ book your open water dives, to your destination of choice, free of charge.
- Book your course by calling Beaver Divers or stopping into the store, Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm. (970) 949-1012
- Course Cost:
- Step 1 - $129.95 for the online course.
- Step 2 - $235 pool training. Personal fitting equipment (mask, fins, booties, snorkel - Discounts offered to Beaver Divers' students)
- Step 3 - $350 for required open water dives in Utah.
- Includes: Tuition, all materials, entrance fees ( $60 ), , certification card, and registration fees.
- Does not include: SCUBA equipment ( rental available, $60 ), Personal fitting equipment (mask, fins, booties, snorkel - Discounts offered to Beaver Divers' students), lodging in Utah (discounts offered to Beaver Divers' students), and transportation to Utah.
- Beaver Divers will provide tanks and weights for the Utah Open Water dives at no cost that the student must transport to The Crater. Four tanks are generally needed per student. The student also has the option to rent tanks at The Crater in Utah (Each tank is $10) If they do not want to transport the tanks.
We proudly feature premium SCUBAPRO equipment in our training department.
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 10 with parental consent. Must complete a self medical evaluation questionnaire.
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the Beaver Divers SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training (40-60 feet deep)
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
Click here to view the medical waiver